Shortly after the start of the COVID-19 pandemic, it became evident that one of the most vulnerable groups, due to its characteristics, such as immunosenescence, multimorbidity and fragility, is the elderly. Therefore, older adults in the context of long-term institutions are a risk population in which it is essential to focus actions to ensure both preventive care and contingency planning. In this sense, a management tool for patients in homes and residences for older adults was developed, which allows the strengthening of the provincial network of health facilities, the knowledge of the characteristics of the population through a clinical history that allows gerontological evaluation and In addition, the arrangement and use of beds in these institutions, manage transfers depending on the health situation of the elderly.
It should be noted that the tool is a contribution of the Ministry of Health of the Nation, to carry out installation in each of the jurisdictions and is NOT mandatory.
The entire system is transferred with “open source” intellectual property, source codes and databases.
In the following links you will find:
- A complete Development Environment in a “Virtual Machine” that runs with the “VMWare” software. In the downloadable package there is a "development environment" so that the jurisdiction can test, install in its infrastructures and evolve if required. In addition, inside the VM there are the installers that would be necessary to mount a server and a user manual. The access credentials to start the environment are: User: Administrator Password: Coep2020
- VMWare Software - Installers to run the development environment.
Download link 1: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1LpdwRlX_c21MT8TDhOl6kK81aIBm1-uY
Download link 2: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1M9X7N6RhBRXGGQ5621MI2pd_aPJ-PGAy
- The solution's framework focuses on the strengthening of the provincial network of health establishments, and the knowledge of the characteristics of the population through a clinical history that allows gerontological evaluation.
- There are approximately three provincial jurisdictions that will apply the solution, which adds up to approximately 35 establishments.
- On average, the system plans 5 users or profiles per institution (administrator, administrative, medical, nursing, kinesiology). There can be more than one user per profile.
- Public Sector
- Complete development environment
- Shorter than 2 weeks
- Operation teams or the Devops
- Hardware core i5, 8gb ram
- Postgres ( Provincial emergency operating committee: Management of homes and residences) database
- The tool does not have a comparable service layer to interoperate.
- The software is open source that makes the trial period without limits; Thus the trial period is same as the production stage.
- Data standard: The solution uses a relational database, but it does not have a service layer.
- International security standards: No specific one was considered
- Free and open source software
Rating and Comments
- Ministry of Health Argentina
- Directorate of Governance and Integration of Health Systems