Teleconsultations are a safe and effective way to assess suspected COVID-19 cases and to guide the patient's diagnosis and treatment, minimizing the risk of disease transmission. Telemedicine also enables many of the key clinical services to continue to operate regularly and without interruption in the course of a public health emergency.
This tool for assessing the maturity level of health institutions to implement telemedicine services was created by the Pan American Health Organization (PAHO) and the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB) to help with that task. The tool was created in collaboration with institutions and experts in telemedicine and the use of IT in public health from the Region of the Americas and Spain.
- Social Protection and Health Division, Inter-American Development Bank
- Department of IT in Health, Italian Hospital of Buenos Aires (PAHO/WHO Collaborating Center for Information Systems and Digital Health)
- Open University of Catalonia (UOC) (PAHO/WHO Collaborating Center for eHealth)
- Center for Health Informatics, University of Illinois (PAHO/WHO Collaborating Center on Information Systems for Health)
- Salud.uy, Agency for eGovernment and the Information Society (AGESIC) of Uruguay
- Telemedicine Network from Brazil
- The Central American Health Informatics Network, RECAINSA
- PAHO Information Systems for Health (IS4H) network of experts.
Click here to download the tool in English.