Be My Eyes was created to help people who are blind or have low vision. The app is made up of a global community of blind and visually impaired and non-visually impaired volunteers.
The application, which is available in 120 languages and in more than 150 countries, makes use of technology and human connection to offer vision to people with loss or absence of it.
Through a live video call, the volunteers assist the user by providing visual assistance for daily tasks, among which are mainly:
1. Search for fallen or lost objects.
2. Describe images, paintings, or other artistic pieces.
3. Match or describe colors.
4. Read labels.
5. Fix IT issues.
6. Buy groceries.
7. Identify the expiration date of food products.
8. Getting acquainted with new surroundings or moving around a new space.
9. Distinguish between different objects.
10. Discern the arrival and departure of public transport.
As much as if you want to be a user, as if you want to be a volunteer, download the application and become part of the community
Be My Eyes works for free and is currently available at:
Devices: Android and IOS.
Languages: Spanish and English.